Several Files (tables) in CMS are used when pulling data.
MAST – G/L Chart of Account Header
GLMT – G/L Chart of Account Totals for Year
Most of the data comes from GLMT. That is, activity and opening balance comes from GLMT. Properties like account type and company are retrieved from MAST.
Retrieving data from any system requires the same thing. Pulling Company(Entity), Account, Account Type (P&L, BS), Opening Balance and Activity. In some cases, Company is broken up as well such as Payroll and Operations. In those cases that breakdown must be retrieved as well.
Security is broken down to 4 aspects:
- Basic component of security. User, Email, IM, etc.
- Basic grouping of users
- You can assign Task and Member Access Profiles to Teams
- Task Profiles
- Application related security
- User/Team Activities and roles specified here
- There is a finite number of Tasks configured in BPC. See Task Profile Descriptions in the BPC Administration Help
- Member Access Profiles
- Dimension and member related security
- Example, you can specify which periods are ready to receive forecasts
Member Access Profiles
To change the rollup for an account in BPC do the following:
- Change PARENTH1 on the account to the new rollup
- Process the dimension (Do a Full Process)
- Make the Application available
- Click on the Noble node
- Click on Set application set status
- Select Available
- Click Update application set status
- Refresh dimension members on the client.
- eTools -> Refresh Dimension Members
This will probably work for any dimension, not just accounts.
To find which table(s) contain the PersonID column try this:
WHERE COLUMN_NAME LIKE ‘%PersonID%’
In the AdventureWorks DB this is what you see:
So of course you can search for any column, not just PersonID.
Another interesting tidbit is that any ANSI compliant DBMS provides the INFORMATION_SCHEMA namespaces. From this namespace you have access to the metadata on any DB object. You can look up information on Stored Procedures and Functions using INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ROUTINES or use any of the many different objects within this namespace: COLUMNS, ROUTINES, CHECK_CONSTRAINTS, PARAMETERS, TABLES, etc.
OPEN INPUT TEMPLATE FOR EDITING
1. eTools -> Open Dynamic Templates
2. Input Schedules -> 09 Input Templates
3. Open ‘Forecast Input Template 2009.xlt’
UPDATE FORECAST TEMPLATE TO REFLECT NEW MONTH OF ACTUALS
1. Change Cell A4 and BA6 to the new FCST Month
MODIFY EVGTS FORMULAS
1. If we are modifying to prepare for October Month End, then we will copy Cells Q15:Q233 to R15:R233
2. Update Cells R12 and R13 to say ACT and OCT in Black Font
MODIFY EVSEND FORMULAS
1. If we are modifying to prepare for October Month End, then we will copy Cells BI15:BI233 to BJ15:BJ233
. Run the BPC Admin Tool
. Click Manage Security
. Expand Member Access Profiles
. Select Category Upload Switch
. Click Modify member access profile
. Click on BPC Access tab
. Find the Member row (i.e. AprFcst) and change its Access to Read & Write
. Click Next
. Click Apply